McDaphnia's daphnia food recipes

Thank you (Mcdaphnia) very much for the blender vegetable recipes for
daphnia (which I see can found in the list archives).

I have a few gallon jars which house the wild cultures of cyclops and
daphnia.  Right now they are just fed with old water from a planted
tank.  The water must contain something to eat (though there is no sign
of green water) because the cultures do reproduce. With some better food
they should be much more productive.

I have a question about freezing your recipe.  You mentioned that this
does not work very well.  What goes wrong?  I was thinking that freezing
it in ice cube trays would be very convenient.

Anyway thanks again.
Bill