cleaner shrimp

Non-member submission from [klaus.schoening at jungle_org (Segeberger)]
Subject: cleaner shrimp

Where on earth do you get cleaner shrimp except by going to Hawaii and I
thought those were strictly saltwater.  Tell me more, do some fish eat
them?
 -> > Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 01:57:28 -0700  -> > From:
ternay at dimensional_com -> > Subject: Ghost Shrimp  -> >  -> > I used to
have success breeding ghost shrimp and lately I have  -> not--then it >
occurred to me that I had success when the ghost  -> shrimp were in
tanks
with > Daphnia in them.  Were the napulii eating  -> juvenile daphnia?
Is that an > element I am missing?

-> I keep a miniature cleaner shrimp from Hawaii. They are only about
-> 1/2-3/4" long so less danger to my smaller killies. I nearly lost
them
-> until I discovered the trick. The missing element (ion) apparently
was
-> iodide! As soon as I started feeding some "Nori" flakes, they
reproduced
-> like mad. YMMV. Worth a try, tho, Andy.

-> Wright