Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #294aquatic worms

With all the discussion of worms, pollution, parasites, etc. Why is no one
raising Nais, Aeolosoma, or Dero? I've found the Nais (probably Nais communis)
to be easy to culture, and I have fed kribensis fry on an exclusive diet of
Nais as an experiment of sorts. They did very well. Cultured Nais grow to
better than an inch even though three quarters of an inch is their normal
maximum. Instead of the culture doubling every few weeks, it doubles asexually
in three or four days. Nais is easy to find in duckweed. The other two smaller
worms are found in blanket weed.