Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #279

	You don't make blood worms you grow them. They are the larva of a small non-
biting fly called a midge. I grow small amounts in with my daphnia culture. I
do not know how they are grown in large amounts, I grow mainly daphnia with a
plethora of other small insect larvae all of which the fish consume greedily.
The Blood worms grow attached to the sides of the container (the eggs looks
like very small frog eggs) the little patches of gel could be collected and
feed Eugenia or other small organisms. They make little covering for
themselves that look like little short dirt strings. When I scrape the sides
of my culture containers they let go and are caught in the net.
Hope this helps.