[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: red wigglers
- To: Live-Foods at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: red wigglers
- From: David Lyle Robinson <robinson at ichips_intel.com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 11:09:11 -0800 (PST)
- In-Reply-To: <199812010858.DAA29366 at acme_actwin.com> from Live Foods Digest at "Dec 1, 98 03:58:03 am"
> I just got a starter of red wigglers and was wondering if any one had
> some tips on their culture.
They eat just about anything, but I recently discovered that they
go bonkers over cooked rice. Also, don't use garden soil as a culture
medium. My first culture used garden soil and I found dead worms every
day. My second attempt used 100% peat moss. This culture is thriving.
Haven't found a dead worm yet. I can't explain exactly what causes this,
but it is discussed on "The Burrow" web page (http://gnv.fdt.net/~windle/)
David Robinson The Discus Page
David.Robinson at intel_com http://www.ee.pdx.edu/~davidr/