Fwd: Live Foods Digest V2 #266

Tim wrote....
>To keep my hatching bottles at a constant temperature, I use a
>styrofoam fish box I got free from my LFS. In the box I have a rack
>built out of 1x2 lumber that holds two 2L bottles, and a 25 watt light
>bulb in a porcelain socket. I adjust the temperature by sliding the
>lid more closed or less closed.

To keep from havng to fiddle with the box lid, purchase a thermostat, the
one with the probe on the copper wire.  The probe goes in the box, the
relay is plugged into the wall and the light cord is plugged into the
relay.  When the probe senses the temp fall it turns on the light and
vice, versa.  The cheaper ones have to be set by trial and error, the
more expensive ones have a temp dial on the box that plugs into the wall.
 When I was eating healthy, I made massive quanties of yougurt this way
and never had a failure.