Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #253

Years ago, when I was still young in the hobby, a "pro" took me with him to
collect glassworms in the winter. We went to the Rocky River which flows north
into Lake Erie with 2 X4's, plywood, buckets and nets. It was frozen, but had
not been for long. He had me push the plywood and 2 X 4's out on to the ice,
crawl forward, make a hole and stick a net in. The current would fill the net
with glassworms every few seconds, and I'd pass it back. After a while I
realized the ice had sunk; I was in several inches of icy water and my parka
was soaked. Not the best initiation to the cult of glassworm collection.