artemia outside

I've been growing artemia in tanks outside, just feeding grass
clippings. I was not really going for maximum yield, merely some, once
or twice each week. I hatch my bbs indoors, feed them, and the few that
are left after a few days get chucked outside, to grow on. Now winters
approaching , light levels and temperatures are dropping- last year I
just skipped them for a few months, but I would like to keep them going
this year. Does anyone know what kind of minimum temperature you can
still raise shrimps at. I'm considering the garage, balcony or indoors
if I have to (but then they take up fish space). Is light critical if
you feed them yeast or something?

		hope you can help
					Julian