Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #204

>Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 00:16:38 -0700
>From: ternay at dimensional_com
>Subject: Feeding Daphnia

>I am wondering what I can feed my daphnia as an interem
>food until I can give them appropriate food.

Well, I just heard this last weekend that LFS suggests sweet potatoes...
the strained babyfood kind, not cut up whole ones.  Who knows?   Also, try
chopped up lettuce--very fine--and the may nibble on that.  Might try
microwaving the lettuce to soften it up quickly.  My D. magnum seem to try
the lettuce, but not with gusto.

As to yeast, I've put yeast with a teaspoon of sugar in a 1 gallon
container with some chopped up lettuce for a few days in the sun and the D.
Magnum I have go like crazy for the filtered fluid from the mess.
Subdivide your Daphnia and try a few different things.  See what works for
you.

--John