Feeding Daphnia

I accidentally dropped the container of Daphnia food I got from LFS,
spilling it all.  I am wondering what I can feed my daphnia as an interem
food until I can give them appropriate food.

I am trying to cultivate green water in a 10g tank, lit 24/7 by a 18" 15w
Coralife trichromatic bulb.  There is an airstone in the tank and the water
was water from a fish only tank from water changes.  This has been up and
running for four weeks and the water is clear with no algae visible and not
the slightest green tint.  How much longer should I expect to wait for
green water?  Is there anything else I need to be doing to encourage its
growth?

The material LFS supplied with the daphnia states that I should not feed
the daphnia yeast.  Is this meant to apply to the long term, or is it okay
to feed daphnia yeast to tide them over until I have a more substantive
food source for them?

TIA

Andy