Collecting Blood Worms

Maybe I just re-discovered the wheel, but I noticed that in my outdoor
container for mosquito larvae it was very easy to collect a moderate
amount of bloodworms by placing a small tree branch with green leaves in
the water. The larvae built their cocoons on the branch, and it was then
easy to just pull it out, and pick them up swabbing a finger (gently)
over their cocoon built on the leaves. Much easier than sifting through
the sediment, although probably not equally productive. Probably some
sort of synthetic substrate would work better than branches.

Dionigi Maladorno
dionigi.maladorno at roche_com
This message presents personal opinions which are not necessarily those
of my employer.