Re: California Black Worms

In reference to the request for information on culturing "BLACK and BLOOD"
worms from Geoff Nutley:

The cleanest method I've found for culturing black worms is posted on the
Carolina Biological Supply Web site in an article entitled "Those Wonderful
Worms". The article is among those listed in the Tips section of the site
(under Publications), and its specific address was
http://www.carosci.com/worm.htm
I've provided the general location in case they've archived the article
since the last time I was there.

As to blood worms, many methods of raising various insect larvae can be
found in the Singapore national site. It's been quite a while since I've
visited that one, and their particular methods appeared beyond my immediate
means, so I don't have the URL handy. It is still worthwhile visiting the
site to get an idea of the approaches and methods involved, and could
probably be adapted on a smaller scale given some very diligent study. I
still see it referenced from time to time by people like Beverly, and it
should be easily found through a search engine.

-Y-

David A. Youngker
nestor10 at mindspring_com
http://www.mindspring.com/~nestor10