Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #62

From: Jay Exner <jayexner at po_fast.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 21:25:03 -0800
Subject: Re: glass worms?

According to my trusty and dusty 1956 edition of Wm. T. Innes's
Exotic Tropical Fishes, they are some kind of fly larvae, so
I bet midge isn't too far off.  They are collected only in
the cold months, as they collect under ice in ponds and
lakes (that's why they keep so well in the fridge!).

I buy them in winter in those "Kordon Gourmet Sachet" packets.
Those are like $1.50 a pack, and contain enough for a couple
days (which is better than nothing if your fish won't eat).

Jay