Worms & cardboard

I agree the website http://gnv.fdt.net/~windle/ "The Burrow" is a mine of
usefull info.
One thing I would be would be carefull / worried about useing cardboard is
the printing ink.
There is the possibility of the worms ingesting something that could affect
the fish.
On the other hand I would think it is easier to harvest them than digging
through a box of peat.
Do you still add other food?
The other thing mentioned on the site is not to feed the worms potato
peelings. I have been using peelings (parboiled) as suggested by someone and
the worms are thriving. Anybody got an idea why peelings could be a problem.

Phillip