Intresting question about protists

I was unable to find a more relevant place to ask this question, I will post it
here. Many of us raise infusoria many of which are single-cell organisms called
protists. Many protists reproduce by mitosis, the replication of two identical
daughter cells from one mother cell. Given, that there are no lack of food,
contamination, or any other limiting factors. How long does a protist live? Lets
say that they all came from 1 mother cell, and they are timed for death in a
certain amount of days, then do they die at once? If you know of a better place to
ask to question, please let me know.  :-D