live food in the winter

From: Jeremy <adamsjer at ucs_orst.edu>
To: Live Foods Digest <Live-Foods at actwin_com>
Subject: live food in the winter

Don't Those darn frogs know its winter out there? My Hymenochirus boettgeri
(dwarf clawed frog) just spawned for the second time in 3 weeks. With the
first spawning I fed them primarily infusoria and small rotifers from my a
no-fish pond out side. Its on the small side and I seem to have depleated
most
of the good stuff. It doesn't regenerate very fast do to the cold
tempuratres
here in my part of Oregon. So far things have stayed above freezing though.
used up the last of by Brine Shrimp eggs (am going to get more) but I also
find them very time consuming to maintain (i don't have much free time).
	So to the point. I am not keepiing any live foods that are suitable
for my
tadpoles to be. They are 100% carnivorous. I actually only have 3 survivors
from the first batch, due to canaboliism. I want to increase my success
with
batch 2 by heavy feeding. Is any one willing to chance the yucky weather
and
do some live food trading? I am looking for Paramecium and microworms and
maybe even daphnia. I have for trade; wingless fruitflies, Mealworms, and
crickets. I think all of these except maybe the crickets can withstand the
cold tempuratures. Extreme freeing like they are having in some places is
probably not good but iits not freezing in my part of the country (yet). f
not
a trade I will gladly pay S&H.

Thanks,
Jeremy Adams