Re: Live Foods Digest V1 #141

On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:58:34 -0500 (EST)
In Live Foods Digest V1 #141
Roger Winter
<xenotoca at clara_net> wrote;

> Dont know about the USA but GRAM flour here in the UK is ground yellow
> peas.

Not apparently in ALL of the UK, I spent vacation a few years ago with a
good friend who lived in Liverpool and she was the one who gave me the
recipe for making Gram crackers and it used a Gram flour that consisted of
whole wheat! One thing is becoming evident, and that is that there has been
regional usage of the name "Gram flour" and with varying contents in many
of the regions! It would be in all our interests if in the future one state
what their "Gram flour" is made of.

> WHole wheat flour is not suitable as it is a cereal as opposed to the
> peas which are vegetable.

Not suitable for what? I've been using whole wheat "Gram flour" to feed
daphnia for years with excellent results!

                                               Sincerely

                                              \\\|///
                                             \\  ~ ~  //
                                        (  @ @  )
                                    Alfred A. Skrocki
                                Alfred.Skrocki.Sr at JUNO_com
                            alfred.skrocki at cybernetworking_com
                       Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at;
                                          .ooo0   0ooo.
                                              \_)   (_/