Re: Live Foods Digest V1 #96

I am having a weird problem in my fruitfly culture. I mistakenly put a stick
in there for the flies to crawl on and it wasn't sterile. I dark brown
Bacterial (maybe fungal) growth spread through out the culture. I have been
dumping the flies from one new culture to another. Luckily a few flies do
hatch out before it gets to bad. Every time I transfer the flies to a new
culture I get the same brown discoloration of the carolina fruit fly medium.
There is no visual growth other then the discoloration of medium.
	What I want to do is try giving my fruit flies a bath before I introduce them
to a new culture. Does any one have any good theories on how this could be accomplished?

Jeremy