Re: Live Foods Digest V1 #70

>Subject: resting eggs?
>
>The temperatures outside are slowly following. Temps here range from 9C
>to 15C. There are still daphnia in my outdoor container but very few
>mosquito larvae now. In sifting through the water with a fine net, I
>pulled up a lot of small green and black particles, about 0.2 - 0.3 mm
>in size. Are these the resting eggs of daphnia? Can I do anything to
>make em hatch indoors (aerating was suggested)?

I have a question similar to Steve Pushak's. Have tried gram flour as
suggested for a week to rejuvenate any dormant Daphnia eggs in my 10 gal
indoor tank. I have even raised the temp a degree or two but nothing has
happened. I plan to siphon the mulm in my outdoor tub hoping to get some
more dormant eggs and transfer to the indoor tank. Any more suggestions will
be well appreciated. TIA.