Re: Live Foods Digest V1 #39

>Hi,

>Eels in vinegar? Have not seen these in the supermarket. But seen worms in

>Tequila.

>Seriously though. Do these occur naturally in any vinegar? What are they?

>Anything special to do apart from filtering through mesh?

>Please expand a bit.

Yes they do occur naturally in vinegar, they used to be found in the old wooden casks that they used to mature vinegar in. Obviously modern hygiene regs would not allow it but they are completely harmless if swallowed. They are much easier to culture in sugar water and can be separated by filtering through a coffee filter paper. I have already covered tier culture and the details can be found in the back pages section of our web page.

<bigger><bigger>xenotoca

<bold>

Visit our web page for information on Livebearing fish, Live foods and
plants.

http://home.clara.net/xenotoca/