RE:BBS Longevity

Not sure if they will keep going with out circulation.  They seem to
smother.   How about keeping a small culture of microworms.  They can be
very unobtrusive (less stinky if change frequently) should be able to keep
the fry going until they can handle something bigger.

MTF

>Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 08:56:25 -0500
>From: William Vannerson <William_Vannerson at ama-assn_org>
>Subject: BBS Longevity
>
>I have a 10 gallon tank at work where the Kribs have just
>spawned and the fry should become free swimming in about a
>day.  I don't want to set up a brine shrimp hatchery in the
>office if I can avoid it.
>
>How can I transport BBS from home to the office in a vial?
>
>Ideally, I'd like to "package" them up the night before in fresh
>water.  But I doubt they'll live that long.  Packing them in
>morning is marginally possible but I'm not a morning person
>and I have little time to make the 5:53 a.m. train as it is :-)
>
>So me guess would be that I should try bottling them up in
>brine water just before bed.  That would mean they'd be in the
>bottle/vial for about 9-10 hours.
>
>Is that doable?
>
>Any other ideas?

Mach Fukada, Webmaster

Please Visit the Honolulu Aquarium Society's Home Page at:

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/2948/HASF.html