[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]


Hi all,

Last summer I made up up box as per some article for a earthworm unit. It
had a tight fitting lid and drainage holes at the bottom.
I had a problem in that any food put inside went mouldy before being eaten.
The colony declined. Over winter I stuck the box in a shed and left it.
Last weekend I took it out and found that there were still a few live
worms. I would like to get the whole thing going again.
Should there be holes in the top to breathe (stop the mould)
Will I need to resead the colony to get it going or rely on the existing
few to propogate.


Phillip Hansen

From a cold South Africa, but summer is on its way