Re: Daphnia Food? /Or what DID you step in?

Forwarded message follows:
-----------------------------------
rhondawi at sprynet_com wrote:

Not to ruin everyones fun with playing in the manure piles here, but I've
heard baby food and yeast make good daphnia cultures too. I just use mulm
from my tanks. When I do water changes I just top off the cultures. I keep
my daphnia outside where the cultures grow great green water which I've
also
been told the daphnia feed on. The green water is also good food for a some
fry. I keep three going right now so I can restart the cultures if/when the
green water crashes. Just a possible alternative for those that don't have
manure readily available or those that don't particularly care to play in
it. :)

Rhonda

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/RhondaWilson/
American Livebearer Association