Re: [Live-foods] Hysteria

In a message dated 10/14/2007 12:01:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
live-foods-request at actwin_com writes:

From:  "Bill" <Billinet at comcast_net>
Subject: Re: [Live-foods] Live-Foods  Digest, Vol 41, Issue 4
To: <live-foods at actwin_com>

Hi,  Carol,

Yes, Lyme disease can be a serious illness to some of those  people who get
it.  My point (or one of them) was that it and other  relatively uncommon
"diseases of the moment" get overhyped by the  media

Unfortunately, Lyme disease is not a relatively uncommon "disease of  the
moment".  It only appears that way because it is actually downplayed.  Also, it
has been shown by research that dog ticks and mosquitoes can also  be vectors,
as well as the deer tick.  On the other hand, I fully  agree with you that the
media often whips up a frenzy that results in unfair  legislation about many
things.

Happy fishkeeping,
Carol   < ' )))><