Re: [Live-foods] OT probably - daphnia pond legal situation

Hi, Chuck,

I feel your pain.  Three years ago I had my house painted and, to be
"helpful", the painters discarded two tubs of daphnia culture that also had
some mosquito larvae in them.

That daphnia culture had been in existence for about 10 years.  I was a bit
ticked but I just wrote it off as "one of those things" and set up a new
culture.

I am not a lawyer, but if you sued them your recovery would probably be
limited to the amount of actual damages, possible just the cost of a
replacement daphnia culture.  You also might find that you were in violation
of local ordinances regarding allowing standing water to accumulate on your
property.  Many were enacted during the West Nile hysteria of several years
ago.

Good luck!

Bill