Re: [Live-foods] floating daphnia

I use an open line instead of a regular airstone and have the bubbles run slowly.This helps drive off excess dissolved gasses and keep surface films from forming. I tap floating daphnia with my finger. If they dislodge fine, Otherwise I net them out to feed to surface feeding fish.Sometimes you want lots of floating daphnia for killies or hatchet fish. Swinging the net of daphnia around in the air can dry out the shell and cause them to float.