Re: [Live-foods] Live-Foods Digest, Vol 33, Issue 7

Hi Lorraine,

I culture marine rotifers in two 2-gallon containers.  I
harvest by draining 1/2 of one container into a rotifer
sieve and then I return the most of the drained water back
to the culture container. The next day I do the same thing
to the other container.  I add enough nanochloropsis (which
I culture in 1 liter bottles) for them to clear in a day to
both containers every day.  I change 1/2 of their culture
water every week or two with fresh salt water.

I have been able to maintain the rotifer cultures for many
years now.

Tomoko