Re: [Live-foods] Live-Foods Digest, Vol 33, Issue 7

Hello Lorraine

I've seen continuous cultures run in 10 gallon tanks.  There were several of
them in a row and each tank was harvested by removing about ~75% of the
water and rotifers every so many days.  You want to harvest prior to the
crash.  Part of this is to keep the average age of the culture as young as
possible but still reproductive.

I would recommend getting Frank Hoff's book the Plankton Culture manual as a
great starting point.

The Reed Mariculture website might be a wealth of information also.

Best Fishes
David Lains <}}}><
Aquaculturist, Research Assistant
Zebrafish International Resource Center