[Live-foods] Re: Live-Foods Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1

My next question is.. has anyone thought of using compost to fertilize their plant tanks. I was thinking of taking compost and putting it in nylons and burring it into my substrate so the plants could be better fed instead of buying those fertilizer sticks.

Don't bury the compost enclosed in nylon. Nylon gives off a substance that harms aquatic plants. A better thing to do would be to extract the nutrients from the compost by soaking the compost in water, then carefully draining off the water and letting it settle in a plastic shoe box for about a week before adding the water to the aquarium.