Re: Live Foods Digest V4 #94

Hello Tomoko,

Some years ago I obtained a Tubifex starter culture from LFS Cultures.

Their directions are good and the culture prospered. After a while I
realized that it contained TWO distinct kinds of worms: A thin,
threadlike worm and a thicker one.

I isolated the two species and cultured them separately. Partly though
neglect the "thick" worms died out and now I am left with the "thin"
ones.

I don't put much effort in changing water, substrate etc. Without
attention they do multiply slowly, about two orders of magnitude slower
than Grindals. They are good for an occasional snack. One positive thing
-- they live in water indefinitely, but so do Daphnia, which are much
more productive.

Best,

George