Re: Live Foods Digest V4 #79

 Unusual live foods, well I have cultured Cyclops and giant Cyclops, ostracods, nais worms, and other unusuals, but I tend to revert to the "other than" you proscribed. Cockroaches, stick insects, and the larvae of some beatles and other insects make good live food for turtles and large fish. Since raising those is a popular hobby in parts of Europe, you may find someone willing to give you a good price on the less than perfect specimens. When molting in artificial surroundings, it's not unusual for there to be an animal without the right number of legs, or badly shaped wings. There is nothing really wrong with them. They just did not have enough room to spread out and dry, or were interrupted by another insect at a bad time. They just won't make a good "show". So all you need to do is find an insect hobbyist who doesn't feed all his culls to tarrantulas.