White Worms / Grindal Worms vs Springtail Infestation

Hello
I have a Springtail infestation in my White Worms / Grindal Worms Cultures.
Or at least I believe it to be springtails from all the reading I've done
.
I would like to start new cultures of them and  I hope that by rinsing them
several times in water I will be able to get rid of all springtails as well
as any eggs and use these rinsed worms to start a new culture

Would like to know approximate time that the worms can live submerged in
water

If any one knows if there is a better way please advise or knows if there is
some thing that I can use to just plain kill the springtails with out
harming the worms.

Gay
Alaska
ghemsath at att_net