Re: Live Foods Digest V4 #50

The biggest trick to white worms are keeping them cool. I keep mine in a
broken aquarium with 50% peat 50% potting soil on the basement floor.You can
feed all sorts of things from cereals to dog biscuits. For fruit flys try
putting a banana in the freezer till its black. Mash this with instant
mashed potatoes flakes and a bit of orange juice. keep the mixture very
thick.Add a ladder of some sort( I use plastic mess) and add a breathable
stopper , add your ready to go. Restart new cultures often and throw away
the ones that get bad.They usually last several week before getting bad. add
more potato flakes as needed. The orange juice is important it will keep the
medium from spoiling  for awhile.

Norm