Re: Live Foods Digest V4 #9

Hello Joseph,

An alternative to paper strips are WOODEN tongue depressors (available
in drugstores). The microworms climb on the WET tongue depressor and are
easily and cleanly collected.

Because I use multiple baby-food jars to culture microworms (using
stone-ground, unbleached corn meal) a 6" tongue depressor cut in half,
neatly fits into the jar.

The wood has to be wet, otherwise the microworms will not not form a
continuous layer on it.

I just swipe the worms from the tongue depressor with a small spatula,
wash them in a test tube, resuspend and feed with an eye dropper.

Best,

George