[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Questions about gammarus and daphnia
- To: <Live-Foods at actwin_com>
- Subject: Questions about gammarus and daphnia
- From: "Jennifer Macke" <jpmacke at cox_net>
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:41:03 -0500
- References: <200201310858.g0V8w6216502 at actwin_com>
I have raised daphnia before, and read various carsheets about daphnia and
gammarus. I want to raise one (or both) in a plastic trash can in my garage,
but it's rather dark, just a bit of indirect light from one small window.
1. Can either daphnia or gammarus be raised without light? All the
caresheets say to use a light, but if you are not feeding algae, is this
2. I think I heard somewhere that gammarus and daphnia can be raised
together. Has anyone ever done this? Does one species eventually take over?
Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.