Infusoria

> Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 18:11:34 -0500
> From: brent10usa at netscape_net (Brent)
>
> I would like to start a Infusoria culture. But every time I try to start
> one with boiled lettus or any decaying plant I never see any infusoria under
> my microscope. Any information would be nice.

You can't count on them falling out of the air any more. :-)

Use pond or long standing puddle water, or aquarium water, the dirtier
the better.  THe siphoned-up-grunge is good.

That said, rather than mess around with infusoria cultures, I like to
put a nice dirty clump of java moss in a fry tank and let the fry pick
the goodies off.