Re: microworms

  Microworms don't seem like a very complete diet so I use the pea blend I feed to daphnia to wet the microworm culture. The resulting worms are yellow instead of white. I would hope that means they have a "gut load" that is more nutritious than yeast and starch, but at the very least, the color makes them more visble to the fish fry. I have raised both Egyptian mouth brooders and rift lake cichlids. The Egyptians have smaller eggs but in larger quantity. Sometimes the fry will still attempt to shelter in the parental mouth when they all can no longer fit.

http://clubs.lycos.com/live/events/september11.asp