Vinegar eels

Hello

I have a couple of questions about the size of Vinegar Eels
From my reading I have the idea that they are approximately 1/16th of an
inch in length
Yes or No ?

However I can find no information as to the diameter, only comments as to
their being thread like
Yes or No ?

Can anyone give me a better description as to what they look like - Size and
Color

I bought a starter culture 4 1/2 weeks ago and place it in mix of 3 cups of
water with a teaspoon of sugar, 1/4th of a small peeled apple cut into 3
pieces, and 4 cups of apple cider vinegar and as of today still can not see
any thing in the container except for the mother of vinegar, which has
settled to the bottom of the container.

They have been kept at room temp, here in Alaska that's 65 to 73O F

Any descriptions and / or suggestions will greatly appreciated

Thanks
Gay
Alaska
ghemsath at att_net