Re: When is yeast active?

I don't think the yeast solution will be much good once it has gone for
about a week, as the culture will produce ethyl alchohal. In about 2 weeks
time(depending on the culture), the yeast has produced enought alchohal to
slow down their growth and the reason that a yeast culture cannot go on
indefinitely(at least in a CO2 bottle) is because what they live in becomes
very alchohalic. I don't know what effects small amounts of alchohal has on
fish but I don't think they would be good.

Bob