[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Live Foods Digest V3 #183/4 visitors: seed shrimp?
- To: Live-Foods at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Live Foods Digest V3 #183/4 visitors: seed shrimp?
- From: Godo Stoyke <godo at eec_ab.ca>
- Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:45:53 -0600
- References: <200104171958.PAA00154 at actwin_com>
If the visitors you are describing are ovoid in shape and moving smoothly
through the water rather than with a jerking motion like daphnia and cyclops,
they may be seed shrimp (Ostracoda), another microcrustacean. They are
scavengers, will not harm the fish, and the fish eat them.
Godo Stoyke, B. Sc., M.Sc.
EEC Energy and Environmental Consulting Inc.
17205 - 107 Avenue
T5S 1E5, Canada
Ph. (780) 437-0023
FAX (780) 437-1500
Email: godo at eec_ab.ca