Re: Live Foods Digest V3 #177

Live Foods Digest wrote:

>         daphnia, moina, magna

Hi Bob!

> Hello everyone
>
> Does anyone keep daphnia, moina, and magna together? will anyone out compete
> the other?

In our experience here, the moina have always out-competed all the other daphnia
species they are housed with.
Some larger daphnia do manage to hang on for a while, especially if there is a lot
of food, but the end result has always been the same, Moina only.

> I am setting up a 20 gallon tank for a mixed culture, It will have a
> flourescent light on it 24 hours a day, apple snails, java moss, moina,
> daphnia, magna, one or all three, depending on the replys I get from this
> post, and cyprus or seed shrimp. Any suggestions would be welcome

Interesting, wonder how such a mixed culture will do?
Usually keep moina and magna as separate cultures.