Re: Daphnia (was Live Foods Digest V3 #176

Hello Tomoko,

There are many ways of keeping Daphnia. What I do is harvest about 1/2
of the volume and replace SLOWLY (through an air line) with new water.
Settled "fish water" that you siphoned from a fish tank during water
changes works very well for me.

Yes, Daphnia do molt. I keep some pond snails in the containers. They
clean up after the Daphnia. The snail droppings on the bottom have a
bacterial population and provide some food for the Daphnia. When the
crud gets thick, over 1/4", I start a new culture. Cleanliness is one of
the things Daphnia do not like!

Best,

George