Snails with Algae and Daphnia

I remember reading a comment in the "Live-Foods" archive of someone who
was keeping an algae-eating fish with his algal culture (thus the
glass-inhabiting algae were kept in check in favour of the suspended
unicellular alga which are the actual food of the Daphnia, plus the fish

provided free fertilizer).

I am wondering if this system would also work with snails.

Ideally, I would like to place some snails in a Chlamydomonas pure
culture, a non-pure culture of some euglenoid and, for a nicer view of
my waterfleas, also into the Daphnia magna and Daphnia pulex cultures.

Can anyone think of a reason why placing snails in these systems may
*NOT* be a good idea?

Thanks.

Cheers,

godo