RE: Water quality

Yes, this is fairly accurate. It is what some call liquid rock. I have
lived here for 25 years and still cannot drink significant quantities of
this substance without getting physically ill.

Thanks for your response. Yours along with others has re-assured me it will
be alright to use this as culture water.

I'm sceptical about your reading for Total Hardness as CaCO3 (571 mg) -
that must be a typo? Have you tested your tap water yourself? That looks
like an official information sheet, but I wouldn't trust it completely, or
I'm not making sense of it correctly. 571 mg Total Carbonate hardness is
extremely high, and with a pH of 7.6, I suspect there's something wrong
some where.