Water for daphnia

Thank you for your timely advise.

I am really grateful for the support and kind advise
from the people on this list.  I was very disappointed
about my failure last night.  But I am encouraged
enough to give it a try again.

When the daphnia arrives next Monday, I will go slow to
acclimate them in new water.  I have not decided how I
prepare the water yet.  I might use Novaqua and aerate
the water vigorously for a day or so.  My tap water is
moderately hard and fish and Amano shrimp grow very
well in it in my heavily planted tanks.  I am not sure
about the pressurized cartridge filter or the trickle
filters at the moment.  I am going to check it out at
Home Depot tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Tomoko