Re: Live Foods Digest V3 #140

Tom,
The best place to get a starter culture of Daphnia is your local Aquarium
Society.
Hopefully there is one close to you.
Most likely you will find someone in the club maintaining Daphnia. Hobbyists
are always willing to share cultures with other fellow Hobbyists. Sometimes
club members bring cultures in to club meetings to donate to the Auction
(helps run the club).
 It is always beneficial to have others nearby keeping cultures, since if
one person's crashes then you can easily get a replacement from another's
culture.
Try this route first before you pay for one.

I would recommend a larger culture container than 1 gallon.
For best low maintenance results use a large drum (or Garbage can) outdoors,
once the days warms up again.

-- John