Re: Live Foods Digest V3 #63

Hello Andy,

Containers for Grindal worms depend on the scale you want to culture
them. On the small scale "margarine tubs" are about right.

Larger containers should be shallow, with a tight fitting lid, because
when the conditions are not to their liking, the worms migrate en masse
-- your wife would certainly not appreciate that!

The tight-fitting lid has to be ventilated. I cut out an opening of
5-10% of the surface area and close it (silicone cement) with a tight
mesh (thin synthetic blouse material or _tight_ pantyhose) to prevent
mites from getting in.

Best,

George