Re: Amquel and dead daphnia

Hello!

Mach ,
Sue Katz brought a Dapnia culture home from the AZ killie club meeting last
week while I was visiting in AZ.
She put them in water with Amquel and they were dead in 24 hours. She was
upset because she knew about the problem with Dapnia and the use of Amquel
but she had forgotten. So I witnessed it again. You mentioned the moina you
sent to me which were all dead when they got to MI.  Amquel and Daphnia don't
mix. Exactly how much they will tolerate, if any I don't know but someone
here on the list should be able to make very accurate measurements and find
that level if it exists. (I have well water so I don't use Amquel)

Jim Eller
MI-USA
je3 at aol_com