Re: V3 #18 Killing daphnia with "Amquel" question

In a message dated 1/29/00 3:09:31 AM US Central Standard Time

<< Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:55:35 -0800
 From: Wright Huntley <huntley1 at home_com>
 Subject: Killing Daphnia with "Amquel."

 There has been a thread on this subject, lately on the killietalk list, that
 deserves a mention here.

 Mach Fukada pointed out that "Amquel" seemed to kill his Daphnia. Since I
 had suffered some mysterious crashes, I tested it. Sure enough a glass of
 Daphnia, Ostracods and mosquito larvae left alone survived nicely, but one
 with a strong solution of "Amquel" (125:1 water to "Amquel") killed an
 identical glass overnight. The Ostracods survived, but everything else was
 dead the next day.  >>

Do you think old aquarium water orginally treated with Amquel is safe to add
to a daphnia aquarium?

Chuck Church
Indianapolis, Indiana USA