Re: Feeding spirulena pwder to Daphnia

 I have fed this powder to Daphnia. It does not wet easily, so a bit of
lecithin, or adding it to a vegetable mix like peas and beets or spinach and
adding a multi-vitamin pill will help it dissolve. I think it is the vitamin
pill that does the trick. Daphnia fed this mixture are a rich dark chocolate
color instead of the normal red from the vegetable diet. It does seem as if
the spirulena begins growing in the daphnia tanks. I don't know if some of
it actually resists the drying process and can reactivate, or if it is
simply supplying plant nutrients that encourage any algae available to
flourish.